Thursday 6 March 2008

Cool tool: Google Calendar Sync

One problem I always had with Google Calendar was that Microsoft Outlook already had great calendaring features and some folks I worked with preferred it but it could not sync easily with Google Calendar and yet Microsoft Outlook could not be a powerful collaboration tool without Microsoft Exchange Server in the back end.
At a small company it's easy to get fresh, inexperienced folks to use one tool, but as a company grows there are going to be new team members with already honed and optimised habits that may or may not be tied heavily to tools like Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
Hopefully this tool, Google Calendar Sync, will help with that issue.

Here's a link as well to Google Blog's own entry on it.



Let me know what you think of it.

1 comment:

Vance said...

Hey Nissan,
This is pretty cool, thanks for the info!

I tried it out and love it! Of course, I still have the problem of needing to pull up the web client if I need to check other peoples' availability, but this is definitely a big step in the right direction for my personal benefit.

Fowarded it on to the guys in the company as well.