Saturday 16 August 2008

Congratulations to Trinidad's Richard Thompson - Olympic 100m silver medallist

My congratulations to Richard Thompson on his silver medal in the Olympics 100m Men's race. He and fellow Trinidadian Marc Burns have done my homeland of Trinidad and Tobago most proud with their efforts. The fact that the winner, Usain Bolt, was Jamaican is testament enough to the ability Caribbean athletes have to compete at world class levels in sports. I was lucky enough to be in Trafalgar Square in London watching the race on the big screen there. I've linked the BBC's coverage of the race as well as embeded my own video of Richard Thompson on Trafalgar Square's big screen for those interested in seeing this historic event.
Go Team Trinidad and Tobago!!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like what you people are doing here, keep it up!


You are using Microsoft Vista, right?

Anonymous said...

Great video and photo! Thanks for that - gwto